Virtual Advising Project
The Virtual Advising Project pairs artificial intelligence – a chatbot named ADVi – with knowledgeable near-peer advisers to help Texans get answers to questions about attending college, returning to college, financial aid, and more.
Our chatbot can answer questions like:
- How can I pay for college?
- What is the Texas Success Initiative?
- Should I take out the maximum amount of student loans offered to me?
- How do I transfer credits from another college?
- What does EFC mean on the FAFSA?
- What are the most in-demand majors in Texas?
ADVi will be accessible by text message and online chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Near-peer advisers will provide support when a question cannot be answered by the chatbot.
The goal of the Virtual Advising Project is to help ensure more Texans have the information they need to access higher education and complete their certificates or degrees at Texas colleges and universities. This project supports the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s 60x30TX higher education strategic plan.
This project is a partnership between the Coordinating Board and Division of Diversity and Community Engagement at The University of Texas at Austin.