Respiratory Care Program of Study Subcommittee Meeting
10/12/2018 10:00 AM-02:30 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Board Room
- Welcome, call to order, introductions – Michelle Trubenstein, Howard College and Bryan Stewart, Tarrant Community College (Co-chairs)
- Public testimony on agenda items – Co-chairs
- Review and consideration of minutes from the November 16, 2017 Respiratory Care Program of Study Subcommittee meeting – Co-chairs
- Discussion and consideration of the Respiratory Care Program of Study courses – Duane Hiller, Coordinating Board
- Preparation of update for Health Science Programs of Study Advisory Committee – Co-chairs
- Discussion of future agenda items and resources required for next meeting – Co-chairs
- Discussion of timeline and future meeting date(s) – Co-chairs
- Adjournment – Co-chairs
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.