Lower-Division Academic Course Guide Manual (ACGM) Advisory Committee
12/04/2018 10:00 AM-01:00 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Board Room
- Call to order and welcome
- Election of Co-chair representing a public university
- Consideration of the minutes from the April 30, 2018 meeting
- Discussion of Coordinating Board rules and the committee responsibility for review of Field of Study and Voluntary Transfer Compact courses
- Discussion and consideration of the recommendation to schedule ENGR 2334 Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics I for deletion
- Reports on research and discussion of a rubric change for SPCH courses
- Discussion and consideration of changes to ACCT 2301/2401 Principles of Financial Accounting in regard to the prerequisite of TSI standing
- Discussion and consideration of changes to MATH 1324 Mathematics for Business and Social Sciences in regard to the prerequisite of TSI standing
- Report on Learning Outcomes Project
- Staff updates on Coordinating Board activities
- Discussion of future work and meeting dates
This meeting will be web-cast through the Coordinating Board’s website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us.
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.