Workforce Education Course Manual (WECM) Advisory Committee
07/11/2019 10:00 AM-02:30 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Board Room
- Welcome, introductions, and call to order
- Consideration and approval of minutes from the February 28, 2019 meeting
- Public testimony on agenda items
- Coordinating Board update regarding 86th legislative session
- Professional organization updates – TACE, TACTE, TACRAO
- Consideration of recommendations from the November 2, 2018 Cloud Computing Workshop
- Consideration of recommendations from Program of Study subcommittees to Archive WECM Courses
- Report from Special Topics and Local Need course review subcommittee
- Reports from subcommittees for WECM Advisory Committee
- Future agenda items and resources required for next meeting
- Timeline and future meeting dates
A working lunch will be incorporated into the schedule.
This meeting will be web-cast through the Coordinating Board’s website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us.
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.