Family Practice Residency Advisory Committee
05/29/2019 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Ln., Austin, TX - Board Room
- Welcome and Introduction
- Consideration of Summary Notes for April 3, 2019 Meeting
- Update on 86th Legislative Session
- Report on Medical and Graduate Medical Education Legislative Appropriations
- Consideration and Discussion of FPRP Eligibility for Family Medicine Programs funded under the Graduate Medical Education Expansion Program
- Consideration of Reallocation of Remaining Fiscal Year 2019 Funding
- Consideration of the Fiscal Year 2020 Funding Recommendation
- Update on the Statewide Preceptorship Program
- Consideration and Discussion of Future Agenda Items and Meeting Dates
This meeting will be webcast via the THECB's website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us.
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.