Community Technical College Leadership Council
09/13/2018 10:30 AM-01:00 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Board Room
1. Welcome and call to order
2. Consideration of summary notes from the June 14, 2018 meeting - Ron Walker, Committee Chair
3. Legislative Update and Interim Discussions - John Wyatt, Coordinating Board Staff
4. Update on the A.I.R. Dual Credit Study - Holly Kosiewicz, Coordinating Board Staff
5. Update regarding the implementation of HB 2223 and Developmental Education Reform - Jerel Booker, Coordinating Board Staff
6. Update concerning issues related to transfer and Fields of Study - Rex Peebles, Coordinating Board Staff
7. Update from the Texas Association of Community Colleges (TACC) and Community College Association of Texas Trustees - Jacob Fraire, President & Chief Executive Officer, TACC
8. Discussion of Marketable Skills and meeting the goals of 60x30TX - Rex Peebles, Coordinating Board Staff
9. Discussion concerning college going rates of minority males - Jerel Booker, Coordinating Board Staff
10. Discussion of future agenda items and meeting dates
Next Meeting – November 28, 2018
This meeting will be web-cast through the Coordinating Board's website at www.thecb.state.tx.us.
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.