60x30TX Regional Targets Advisory Forum
06/25/2019 09:00 AM-04:00 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Board Room
The 60x30TX Regional Advisory Group Forum is designed for all members of the regional advisory groups (higher ed, K-12, and workforce). We have room for 3-6 advisory members per region to attend this event. Please email Luis Martinez (contact info below) if you would like to send more than 6 members.
Sessions will be organized around common regional strategies and designed to share resources. There will be opportunities to connect across regions and for individual regions to work on their action plans.
For more information related to this event, inquiries should be directed to Luis.Martinez@thecb.state.tx.us.
Agenda and Materials
- 60x30TX Regional Target Action Plan Template
- Advisory Forum - Board Room Recording
- Advisory Forum - Lonestar Recording
- 60x30 Panel: GenTX
- 60x30 Panel: 60x30WESTx
- 60x30 Panel: Communications and Outreach
- 60x30 Panel: Lower Rio
- 60x30 Panel: Marketable Skills
- 60x30 Panel: Supporting Stop Outs
- Completion Panel: Reverse Transfer
- Completion Panel: Auto Completion
- Completion Panel: Houston GPS
- Completion Panel: Implementing Guided Pathways
- Completion Panel: Field of Study
- Completion Panel: NTCCC
- Completion Panel: Tackling Transfer
- Completion Panel: Transfer Update
- High School to Higher Education: College Prep
- High School to Higher Education: TEA
- High School to Higher Education: Target Update
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.