Learning Technology Advisory Committee (LTAC)
09/07/2018 10:00 AM-02:30 PM
Where: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX - Board Room
1. Welcome, introductions, and call to order – Dr. Justin Louder, LTAC Co-chair
2. Election of committee leadership – Dr. Louder
3. Consideration of summary notes from the June 1, 2018 meeting – Committee Chair
4. THECB Updates - Dr. Andrew Lofters
a. State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA)
b. Open Educational Resources Grant Program and Feasibility Study
c. Community College Baccalaureate Degrees
d. GEAC/LTAC Meeting Progress
5. Discussion of Distance Education/Learning Technologies Survey – Dr. Louder and Patrick Pluscht
6. Workgroup breakout sessions – Chair
8. Workgroup breakout session reports and discussion of proposals – Chair
9. Consideration of workgroup proposals – Chair
10. Discussion of future agenda items and meeting dates – Chair
This meeting will be web-cast through the Coordinating Board's website at www.thecb.state.tx.us.
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter." Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.